DMS’s objective is to acquire controlling interests in active businesses providing adequate returns with the potential for long-term ownership and growth.
Dobbs typically seeks companies with the following general parameters:
- $10MM to $20MM of current or potential EBITDA
- $20MM to $75MM targeted initial equity investment (significantly more in select situations)
- $75MM to $125MM total investment with the ability to expand to achieve maximum shareholder value
We have a willingness to invest considerably more with the right opportunities and have pursued those in the past. In particular, longer-term opportunities with the ability to grow through organic or acquisition-driven growth are appealing to us and consistent with our history.
While Dobbs is flexible, there are a few areas of primary experience and focus:
- Industrial businesses in distribution or light manufacturing
- Business-to-business (e.g., industrial services, maintenance related, general business services)
- Select healthcare services
- Miscellaneous cash flow oriented businesses (e.g., convenience stores, dealerships, etc.)
We have traditionally avoided the following areas: early stage technology, medical and biotechnology, retail related businesses, trend-driven fashion products and real estate.